Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Things I've Learned

Things I've learned with kids:

*There is no such thing as a 5 minute trip to the grocery store. By the time you put the kids in the car, drive, and unload you're out of time.
*Cleaning is impossible...when sweeping they walk through your "piles," when folding laundry it begins "snowing clothes" (as Kaden calls it), they prefer their playroom dirty, etc.
*A 5 minute shower to yourself is a little piece of heaven.
*It's normal to have days where 90% of the words coming out of my mouth are "no."
*I can still accomplish most chores while two little guys hang on each leg.
*Potty training decreases diapers and wipes, but increases the time I spend cleaning the bathrooms.
*They may not be hungry for dinner, but they always have room for dessert.
*You can't call in sick.
*Sometimes being a mom requires working graveyards. (and day shift the next morning)
*Bandaids and kisses heal all wounds.
*A little smile can melt a mommy's heart.
*No matter whether you've been nice mommy or mean mommy-they still love you unconditionally!

8 comments:

The Nelson's said...

Cute post Amy! I bet you are such a great mom. It looks like you do such fun things with your boys!

Andrea said...

LOVE IT!! so cute!! Hey your pregnant again?!?! Congrats!!

Lisa M said...

So adorable... I loved all those things you wrote.. so true.

Courtney said...

You're pregnant? Congratulations!

THE BELLS said...

Amen, Sister. Those smiles just melt your heart. Congrats on the prenancy, I had no idea???

Matt and Jess said...

I agree! Congratulations on the pregnancy, you'll have to let us know as soon as you find out what you're having!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda Latimer said...

you are just too cute. This post was so right on. You are the cutest little mommy and I wish you lived closer because I love you and your little family so much!!