Monday, November 24, 2008

24 going on 44...

Well, in case many of you don't know our ward split a couple of weeks ago. This means there has been a lot of restructuring and new callings given. Well, Adam and I received an [expected] phone call on Saturday. We had a meeting with a member of the bishopic on Sunday. With all the recent changes in the ward, we were of course anticipating callings. A few ran through my head...young womens, primary, sunday school, etc...but, the one I received had never crossed my mind! Second Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. Needless to say I immediately felt inadequate. By the end of sacrament, with much effort, I changed the feeling of inadequacy to an overwhelming feeling of humbleness. I know, even with my shortcomings, that if I can strive keep the Spirit of the Lord in my home at all times I will be able to accomplish the things necessary in my new calling. I am so thankful Heavenly Father knows us better than we know ourselves. I am so excited to serve in the Relief Society and to get to know so many new sisters! My ward is full or wonderful people, whom I have already learned so much from. This last 7 months has been the first time I have been able to go to Relief Society (I was always in Young Women's) and I have really begun to love and appreciate it. I know I will spend a lot of time in the next coming months on my knees.

4 comments:

Lisa M said...

Amy I am so excited for you to have this calling! You will do a wonderful job.

JSL, ABE&H said...

Wow, thats a big one. I was that in the singles ward many years ago. However you are you are perfect for it. I am sure everyone will love you.

THE BELLS said...

I know you can do it seeing your work first hand. It doesn't suprise me at all. I wish you were here to help me with my lessons....R.S. is a little different then YW.

Janette said...

Wow!That is great! Does that make you fill old? Amy you will do so good at that. You are the cutiest mom ever. And by the way love those PJ bottoms. Was it hard? We love and miss you guys so much. We will have to work on getting you guys out here soon. love nettie