Friday, May 22, 2009

Kaden's "Games"

Kaden and I spent some quiet time together today on "school" fun. He has known his colors for a year now, but I am trying to teach him concentration and focus. He has a very short attention span, but we are hoping to work on it.

First, I cut out different color squares. He got to match them and glue them to the paper. He actually did an even better job gluing than I had expected.



I have found a really cool blog: www.chasingcheerios.blogspot.com. It has lots of creative ideas to teach and entertain children. I got this idea from them. I just found little tokens from a game we have and mixed them up. Then Kaden's "game" (he'll do anything if you make it a game) was to sort them out by color. He loved it and did a really great job. He would get so focused on one color that he would stop paying attention to what he was doing. A token or two of the wrong color would end up in the wrong bowl. I learned to just let him do it. He always realized what he had done and fixed it. I was so proud of him. He enjoyed it so much he played it a couple more times after.



The last thing we did today was a matching game. He knew all the answers which really surprised me!

4 comments:

THE BELLS said...

You are such a good mama. your boys are so lucky to have you!

Matt and Jess said...

Those are really good ideas for learning games, he's gonna be one smart kid!

Tami said...

I love those ideas! They seem so simple but also so smart! How fun for your boys!

Unknown said...

love love that site thank you for giving it to me!